Roberto Deri is an Italian Fine Art and Street Photographer based in Florence.
He began his photographic career in 2000 as a reporter. Inspired by the great photo journalists he tells stories that affect the public, launching messages that stimulate reflection on issues less discussed or uncomfortable, like the migrants crisis. Moving from that point he worked as a commercial photographer since 2015. He is an experienced Storyteller with a demonstrated history of working in the photography industry with strong media and communication professional skilled in Event Photography, Photography, Travel Photography, Street Photography, reportage and Storytelling. He looks at the contemporary world and the contradictions of our times, with an ironic and grotesque disembodiment intent and he is in constantly search of moments and details that captures his attention.
Premi & Pubblicazioni
- 2017 – Published on the Book “100 Great Street Photographs by David Gibson – Prestel Ed.
- 2017 – Finalista – “Down by the river” competition organized by Observe Collective – Iserlohn, Germany.
- 2016 – Finalista – Life Framer – Theme 4/ OPEN CALL.
- 2016 – Feature on the documentary section of the LensCulture website with the project “Paris en Turbulences”.
- 2015 – Shortlisted and exhibition “Under Construction”. Iserlohn, Germany.
- 2015 – Leica Talk at PhotoLux Festival. “The 8 street of InQuadra – the experience of the first year of the collective”.
- 2015 – Finalista – StreetFoto San Francisco “Single Images”.
- 2014 – Finalista – Miami Street Photography Festival.
- 2013 – Finalista – Miami Street Photography Festival.