Reuven Halevi is a photographer who divides his time between Italy and his hometown Norway. He arrived at photography after a decades-long search for the most uncompromising and, for him, the most gratifying medium of self-expression. Past experiences that influence his approach to photography are classical ballet and stage directing. Reuven has an MFA degree in theatre directing from the Accademia Nazionale d’Arte Drammatica “Silvio d’Amico” in Rome. Through candid street photography it is more important to him to capture elusive discharges of poetry than it is to tell a story per se, and the metaphysical and the innate nonverbal aspect of the medium are what attract him the most to it.
Reuven is about to start editing his material for his first book, on street photography from Rome. Concurrently, he is about to move to a small, rural area of Norway for a year-long documentary project.
The Photo Performer
Premi & Pubblicazioni
- 2017 – Finalista – Brussels Street Photography Festival.
- 2017 – Finalista – StreetFoto San Francisco.
- 2016 – Vincitore – EyeEm Street Photographer.
- 2016 – Finalista – Brussels Street Photography Festival.
- 2016 – Finalista – Miami Street Photography Festival.
- Pubblicazione – David Gibson’s “100 Great Street Photographs”.
- Intervista – APF (Artphotofeature) Magazine.
- Intervista – Street Photography in the World Magazine.
- Intervista – LensCulture.
- Intervista – EyeEm.
- Intervista – Soul of Street.